Do you want to get creative this summer? Why not make your own Kokedama? In a few steps you can fill your whole garden or patio with floating plants.
You need the following items to make Kokedamas:
Scissors, string, nylon thread, metal wire, 20 x 20cm moss, potting compost, small square of floral foam, a fern, a Rhipsalis and an umbrella plant.
Step by step guide to make Kokedamas
- Place a piece of moss with the green side up, on a table;
- Place the (wet) floral foam in the middle of the moss;
- Prick the metal wire through the floral foam and make a hole, so that you can pull the string through to hang up the ball;
- Place some potting soil around the floral foam. Now fold the moss around the floral foam, creating a ball;
- Wrap the nylon thread around the ball creating a net;
- Make holes in the ball with the metal wire and stick the green plant cuttings in the holes;
- Spray your floating plants with water and enjoy the summer!
Would you like to know more about this special plant art? Click here.