CREATE YOUR OWN GREEN TROPHY
Create your own green trophy to hang on your wall to give yourself something fresh and new to look at. These green antlers have a traditional, nostalgic vibe - perfecting fitting with the current style trend, Traditional Sentiment.
YOU WILL NEED
- A wooden partition or wall
- Some moss.
- Black and white paint
- Antler-like plants, such as elkhorn fern or a Tillandsia
- Screws, wire
how to make it
- Fold a sheet of paper double and draw a random shape on it. Cut it out, unfold it, trace onto the wood and saw out the shape.
- Paint the shape black.
- Screw the Tillandsia directly onto the wood. These plants get nutrients and water directly from the air with their aerial roots.
- Remove the elkhorn fern from its pot, wrap the rootball in moss and secure the moss with wire.
- Drill two holes in the wood and feed wire through them to secure the rootball.
- Hang up the deer heads.
- Use a spirit level to draw a frame around the display, and crudely outline it with white paint.
- Stick straight lines of washi tape on the inside of the ‘frame’.
- Regularly spray the elkhorn fern’s rootball with a plant spray to keep it moist. Tillandsia likes to be sprayed all over.
MORE TREND COLLECTION INSPIRATION
Want more inspiration on how to introduce the Traditional Sentiment style trend to your life with the help of plants? Propagate your own Prayer plant family, create a wow effect with Camellia or create a living plant table in your home. You can also find more inspiration by following our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.