One of the best things about Christmas is indeed decorating the tree. If you are looking for a change from tradition, why not try out this alternative tree?
You will already have seen Christmas trees made of twigs or rustic wood. This Christmas tree with a twist will enhance your wall this year with flowering tropical plants which come straight out of the jungle – surprising and cheerful!
This is what you will need:
- 1 Large sheet of wood - 1 x 2 metres
- 7 Small planks - 15 x 15 cm
- 6 Bromeliads in small pots
- 1 Large bromeliad
- 7 Chocolate brown boxes (or strong brown cardboard)
- Pink sticky tape
- Light blue paint
How to create an alternative Christmas tree:
- Paint the sheet of wood light blue.
- Cut a Christmas tree shape that is a little smaller than the background.
- Draw the shape on the background and stick the pink tape on the lines.
- Screw the planks to the points of the tree.
- Cut, fold and stick the brown boxes, placing the plants in them: the large one can be the ‘star’ on the top.