What you will need
- Egg carton
How to make you egg shell planters
- Hard boil the eggs and remove all of the inside of the egg from the shell
- Boil these shells once more to remove all traces of the egg
- Save this water that the shells have boiled in
- Dry the shells
- Carefully pierce the bottom of each eggshell to allow for drainage
- Place all the eggshells in the carton and partly fill with soil
- Plant a few of your chosen seeds in each shell and cover with more soil
- Use the water from earlier to water your seedlings as well as any of your other plants as this water acts as a great natural fertiser
Once the seedlings have out-grown the shells, plant the entire shell in a larger pot and your seedlings will continue to flourish!
For more information, head to this great post on Personal Creations to see more photos of how to do this DIY.